Friday, May 25, 2012

In the Beginning..

(After spending ten minutes or so playing Mario Kart, Lily suddenly grows very quiet and sets her controller down.)

Lily:  Mumma, where did all the people come from?  All the people in this town?  Before they came to this town, and no one was here, and they were in the other town.  And you were in the other town, and now you're here.

Me:  Whatcha mean, kiddo?  What people are you talking about?

Lily:  Well, all of the people.  I want to know where they all came from.  Um, where did all the people come from?  Like ALL the people, who are in this town right now, and came from somewhere else.  Where were they all before they were here?  I came from your tummy and you came from your mumma's tummy, where did all the other people come from?  How did they all get here?  What were they doing before they gotted here?  And where did the animals came from?  From the farm.. Probably cows, and ducks, and horses, and probably cats too like at your Grandpa's farm.  How did all those animals get here?  Wait, I think they all came from the store.  I think the horses and cows and chickens - well, the chickens came from the close thingy where all those thingys were, my dad leaves down this road, and turn like this like an L, and park somewhere and go inside, and there's chickens and ducks.

Me:  Go on, I'm listening.

Lily:  And I wanna learn about where all the, um, the, um, fans came from.  The blowing fans came from the store, too, I think.  And oh wait, I know where animals come from.  Even outside at my school, there was a big cow.  It was there.  And sheep! Like Baa Baa Black Sheep! *sings the entire song*

Lily:  That might be it.  And make you sure put two periods at the end of this, please..

No comments:

Post a Comment